Cabbage Chapati Stir-fry
I like to include chapatis and whole-grain tortillas often in my dinner. But having been bored of an entire week of flat-breads with gravy, my taste buds wanted something different, but I wasn't quite yet ready for that indulgence phase. So, to strike a balance, I decided to try something new without letting go of the same nutrients. The concept of chilli paratha has always been quite appealing to me. So, in spite of stiff resistance from hubby darling, I decided to go ahead and try out that approach on my chapatis and tortillas. It turned out so good that he instantly appreciated it without even realizing it - and agreed to my plan that this will be added to our regular weeknight dinner picks!


Ingredients (serves 2):

chapati / tortilla - 5
cabbage - 1 cup (grated)
cumin seeds - 1 tsp
cashews - a few
green chillies - 2
curry leaves - 1 stalk
turmeric powder - a pinch
oil - 2 tbsp
salt to taste

Method:

Heat oil. Add cashews, cumin seeds (mustard, urad dal and asafoetida if you like). When it splutters, add cashews, green chillies and curry leaves and cabbage. Add turmeric powder and fry for a minute. Cut chapati / tortilla into small pieces and add to the cabbage. Add salt and stir fry for a few minutes until cabbage is cooked. Serve with a dollop of yogurt.
1 Response
  1. Anonymous Says:

    Hi there

    Great share, thanks for your time


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
  • Memberships
    Vegetarian Cultural Creatives

    Promote Your Page Too
    All recipes are on Petitchef
    Half Hour Meals