Special Ribbon Pakoda
My mother-in-law makes awesome Ribbon Pakoda - so it happens to be one of the family favorites. So, whenever I make this crunchy snack, the expectations are really high. Thankfully, her special recipe works for me too!


Ingredients:

rice flour - 4 cup
gram flour - 1 cup
red chilly flakes/powder - 3 tsp
salt - 2 tsp
light butter - 5 tbsp
turmeric powder - a pinch
pakoda masala - 1 tsp

Method:

Make a dough by mixing the rice flour, gram flour, salt, butter, turmeric powder, pakoda masala and red chillies. Add more water slowly, as required (about 1.5 to 2 cups), and prepare a soft but firm dough. Press the dough through a ribbon pakoda mould and deep fry in hot oil until golden brown. Allow to cool to room temperature and store in airtight container.

Notes:
If the dough is too soft, it will not flow thorugh the press without breaking up. If the dough is too hard, it will have difficulty flowing through the press. Consistency of the dough is the key factor.
13 Responses
  1. Julie Says:

    So crisp n delicious ones..can munch them anytime,Soumya:-)

    Join me(Erivum Puliyum)
    in the following ongoing events-
    Show me Your HITS -Iron Rich Foods
    EP Series-Ginger or Pepper Corns


  2. Swathi Says:

    Love ribbon pakoda with my tea. looks delicious and crispy.


  3. Priya Suresh Says:

    Super crispy ribbon pakodas,feel like munching some.


  4. Perfectly done, looks superb.



  5. Lavanya Says:

    Hey Sowmya. U hav got a lovely blog. I m ur new follower. Do visit my space when you get time.
    On-going giveaway:
    Pearl Earrings GiveAway Announcement


  6. so crispy and yummy pakoda/ nice one


  7. Anonymous Says:

    very informative blog...
    saadepunjab.com


  8. DV Says:

    Lovely crispy snack - all time favorite!
    TastyVegCooking



  9. Nice post.Beautiful clicks.Liked the blog.
    Thanks for sharing : www.puneflowersdelivery.com


  10. Hey keep posting such good and meaningful articles.


  11. very informative post for me as I am always looking for new content that can help me and my knowledge grow better.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
  • Memberships
    Vegetarian Cultural Creatives

    Promote Your Page Too
    All recipes are on Petitchef
    Half Hour Meals